Just a quick update on some of the rumblings around the NBA with regard to the upcoming draft and free agency.
- Cavaliers reportedly offered their 1st and 19th draft picks for LaMarcus Aldridge. Portland declined the offer.
- JR Smith unlikely to pick us $2.9 million option in favour of the Knicks being forced to sign him, should they wish to keep him, (which all sources allude to) via the “Early Bird Exception” which would likely see him get the league average salary, roughly $5 million per season.
- Chicago Bulls are exploring a trade which would involve Luol Deng for the Wizards third pick in the draft with Washington centre Emeka Okafor reportedly part of the deal. More rumours that the Cavs have an interest in Deng.
- Nets and Timberwolves reportedly talking about a trade involving Marshon Brooks.
- Patty Mills has exercised his player option with the San Antonio Spurs and will return to play for them next season.
- Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune reports that Minnesota president of basketball operations Flip Saunders has ruled out giving up Derrick Williams for the opportunity of moving up the draft. Wolves look set to keep their ninth pick.
- Sacramento Kings looking to trade Jimmer Fredette for a late first round draft pick.